Mudgee Public School

Friendship with learning

Telephone02 6372 2036

Kindergarten enrolment

Kindergarten 2023

If you would like to enrol at Mudgee Public School please complete the Application To Enrol form which is available from the school office.

Kindergarten children must be five years old by the 31st July 2023 in order to enrol in Kindergarten (for the 2023 school year) and must start school by the end of semester one. You will need to provide the following documentation prior to your child starting school:

  • Birth certificate or passport
  • Immunisation certificate 
  • Proof of residential address, (eg original copies of council rates notice, lease agreement, electricity account, statutory declaration etc).


Kinder Transition Dates

Kindergarten orientation and transition programs

Mudgee Beginners - Kindergarten 2023

Mudgee Beginners

We are currently planning our transition for Term 4, which is ‘Mudgee Beginners’. These plans will also be subject to updated advice on Department restrictions throughout the program. 

The program will run for 5 x 1 ½ hour sessions starting on the 25th October. Further details are to come.

Children can attend 1 regular session per week and engage in a combination of both classroom based and outdoor/gross motor type activities. The lessons will be taught in the current kindergarten classrooms and in the infants playground. 


Jolly Gym is the first phase of our transition to school program for children starting Kindergarten the following year. It is a gross and fine motor program that gives your child the opportunity to have fun, meet new friends and become familiar with ‘Big School’ and its surroundings. The program runs for 6 weeks during Term 3 on Tuesday 26th July OR Thursday 28th July 2022. More information will be emailed before the first session. CLICK BELOW TO REGISTER. This then leads into our ‘Mudgee Beginners’ program which is held early in Term 4.

Jolly Gym Registration 2022

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

Related content